Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I make my reservation on-line? Yes - Click Here We want to call or e-mail you to ensure that your stay is special - helping you with the perfect room selection and understand any dietary requirements you may have. Plus ... you get to know us and we get to know you before you come - this makes your stay more enjoyable and relaxing.
2. When is check-in/check-out? Check In time is 3pm to 6pm - please let us know if you are going to be late. Early check-ins also require advance notice. Check-out is at 11am unless you make other arrangements.
3. What is the
deposit requirement? What about cancellation fees? Our
advance reservation and cancellation policies are a vital part of effectively
managing a small bed & breakfast. A 50% deposit is required hold your room. We will be
happy refund your deposit with 14 or more days notice (a $10 administrative fee
will be deducted). [**Dartmouth
Graduation cancellations require a 3 month notice] If your notice
is less than 14 days, your deposit will be returned (minus the $10 fee) if we are able to re-rent
If you cancel within 24 hours of your stay, then we will charge the remaining
balance of your stay - unless we are able to re-rent your room, then the
full refund minus the $10 fee applies. Note:
An early departure or no-show will be treated as a last minute cancellation.
If you cancel within 24 hours of your stay, then we will charge the remaining balance of your stay - unless we are able to re-rent your room, then the full refund minus the $10 fee applies. Note: An early departure or no-show will be treated as a last minute cancellation.
4. How many individuals can be accommodated in one room? Do you take children? Only 1 of our rooms can accommodate a third person. While we love kids -our inn isn't really appropriate for children under 10. During our slower times of year, we can be more flexible - so call us with your questions ---
5. I have an early meeting/need to leave early to feed my horse, etc. Can I get an early breakfast? Upon advance notice (usually by 6pm the night before), we can provide a continental breakfast (including fresh brewed coffee) prior to 8am.
6. Do you accommodate pets? Unfortunately, so many people have allergies today, that it's really tough to accommodate pets. Even so, Ruggles (the cat) doesn't like the competition (not even Magic) - they both love attention so if you're missing your own ... (despite numerous requests, neither cat is allowed to sleep with guests).
7. Is there any smoking allowed? Vermont State Law forbids smoking inside the building. We also do not allow smoking adjacent to the building because it is a wood structure. Please ask for an ashtray if you need to smoke in the parking lot. A fee of $150 will be charged if smoking is detected in a room. Please note that all rooms include smoke detectors and automatic sprinklers.
8. Are there phones/hair dryers in the rooms? To help you and all our guests relax, phones are not in the rooms. While we don't have hair dryers or irons in each room, please ask Debbie or Mark if you need one.
9. Are there minimum stays? During foliage and special events (such as President's Weekend and Dartmouth Graduation), we require a two-night minimum. See our rooms and rates page for more information.
10. Do you provide on-site weddings? We don't provide wedding arrangement services and our property isn't big enough for a large wedding; however, members of wedding parties are always welcome. We can provide you with information about justices of the peace, area churches, and other information. E-mail our local chamber for their wedding package: email@example.com
11. Do you host business meetings? Yes, the Carriage House is ideal for organizing small meetings - We provide an informal and private atmosphere with a conference table for up to 10 people; a breakout room in parlor; a delicious breakfast and catered lunch; arrangements for evening outings and activities for accompanying guests; customized business services based on group needs and more. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-791-8045 for more information.
12. Do you provide elevators for people with disabilities? The Carriage House was built as a private home in 1865 so an elevator is cost prohibitive. We do have two rooms with parking lot level access with a few stairs leading to the first floor dining area.
12. Do you serve dinner? Our license with the State of Vermont only allows us to prepare breakfast. Upon advance notice and when a party has rented the entire B&B, we will be happy to provide customized catered services. Local restaurants can be found at the Woodstock Chamber's website - http://www.woodstockvt.com
13. GIFT CERTIFICATES: We'd love to customize gift certificates for that special person(s) in your life. Please call us for details. See Specials page for more information.
MORE Questions? Email us at email@example.com We love to hear from you!
Back to Home Page
©2010 Monkey Chow, LLC, Carriage House of Woodstock, 455 Woodstock Road, Route 4 West, Woodstock, Vermont 05091